Thursday, 28 July 2011
Monday, 25 July 2011
Going a bit crazy for pastels at the moment, especially a hint of pale pink and yellow. I particularly love the pikku cushion, I'm expecting a new sofa, in the next week or so and I wonder if it would work on that. Finally!! yay! Not the perfect dream sofa, I found that after I had ordered this one, as is the way, but still I think it will be cosy.
left to right, top to bottom:
Donna Wilson Plate
Donna Wilson cushion
cross cushion in watermelon
yellow vessels from Perch design
Sunday, 24 July 2011
The sun has been out this weekend and it has been beautiful, crispy cold but still very nice! Yesterday I went for a drive to Oatlands, had a very nice pot pie and hot chocolate for lunch at the Companion Bakery, and a wander around town. It's good to get out of Hobart every now and again. The rest of the weekend has been quiet, I've been a homebody, also a good thing to do every now and again! I hope you had a lovely weekend with some sunshine too!
Wednesday, 20 July 2011
Regardless of the fact that it has been featured in every magazine I’ve looked at for the last month and it feels a little hyped up, I still really would like to visit the new store Pure and General in Sydney. Word is it’s like Merci in Paris (and I seriously loved that store!) so even if it is only one tenth as good as Merci then it still must be good. Love the look of the wooden spoons, and white ceramics, oh and pretty much everything!
Tuesday, 19 July 2011
I’ve been eyeing off various market baskets for a while now, I don’t have one of my own (the white kikki.k one in the post below belongs to my mum and I keep nicking it!) but they are so handy. I can’t decide whether to go with the traditional straw one or mix it up a bit.
straw basket with tan handles
kikki.k plastic basket
straw basket with green handles
white straw basket
blonde and brown woven basket
black and white stripe basket
Monday, 18 July 2011
Thank you for letting me have a whinge last week, and for all your great suggestions! I particularly liked the music one so this has been playing quite a bit lately, some nice pop (who knew Jason Schwartzman was a good singer, not surprising though...I have a soft spot for him). I've been to the gym exactly four times in four days and I think that helps as well. The weekend was a quiet one, I can't stop sneezing, so bizarre, I took some shots for Island Menu but that is about all. I really need to go somewhere different with the camera, a plan for next weekend perhaps. I hope everyone had a lovely one out there!
Wednesday, 13 July 2011
Winter kicked up a gear this week and so did my feelings of intense dislike, I find it depressing - the cold, the dark, the wind, the only thing I don’t mind is the occasional bit of rain turning to snow. I felt so low and frustrated on Monday night, I was doing exactly what I hate, sitting on top of the heater watching tv….. SO NOT PRODUCTIVE (or inspiring)! So last night I went to the state cinema and saw The Trip it was entertaining and silly and then came home and did the pile of dishes that had been growing out of control. Now if I can only work out how to motivate myself to go to the gym after work rather than just on weekends I will feel even better. So I am most curious, how do you motivate yourself to do things when you feel low?
On a much brighter note Sam has a brilliant post up on Island Menu, a pea, lamb and mint broth, it looks seriously good!
Thursday, 7 July 2011
Earlier this week small catalogue tagged me, I loved her theme of green and the muppets, two things I’m rather fond of myself! Anyway I’ve done a few tags before so instead here are seven things from this week so far:
1. there have been two songs on the hitlist this week: blue veins by the saboteurs/raconteurs (depending on your part of the world) recently I watched a film called It Might Get Loud and it was so good, and has sparked a new appreciation of Jack White, Jimmy Page is of course a legend. The other song is crystalline by bjork, particularly love the very end of the song where the beats kick in it’s awesome!
2. I’m enjoying the strawberries from queensland, it feels nice to have a hint of summer in this particularly cold icy week of winter
3. I purchased Marion’s cookbook, at first I think this was because the fluro pink was too tempting not to bring home, but then I think there are some great recipes in there that I’m looking forward to trying – custard tarts with Maggie Beer's sour cream pastry, and deep fried poached eggs…yum!
4. I stayed home yesterday with a sinus headache and slept a loooong time, I still feel a bit blah and I’m wondering if I’m coming down with a cold. Yuk.
5. I wish I could spend some time in a Swedish country house like Elisabeth’s from Fine Little Day, it looks so fantastic and relaxing.
6. Thursday night = warm cinnamon teacake and french food safari oooh I want to go back right now
7. I saw the snow on the mountain this afternoon and it looked beautiful and so distant.
Sunday, 3 July 2011
In winter you really do live for the weekends, I'm noticing it more and more lately. This one was a good one, I went out on a boat on the Derwent for the second time this week. Quite unusual, but something that should be done more often. The first time was on thursday night for a work thing, something called the economist challenge, essentially a drinking competition and no I am most definitely not an economist! We saw dolphins, it was kinda cool. Then on saturday we celebrated a friend's 30th birthday and went out to mona. I'm undecided about what to think of it all, but I had been excited to see the Basquiat work and I wasn't disappointed in that. You can read more about our trip to mona on Island Menu tomorrow, but for now I'm going to call it an early night, read and listen to wilco.