Sunday 27 January 2019

january

It seems somehow unbelievable that we are almost at the end of January. We had a very lovely quiet christmas/new years break, mostly only leaving home to go to the beach, which was exactly what was needed by all of us. We've tried to keep that lazy summer vibe going the past few weeks, despite re-entering the rat race.

Last weekend Matt and I had a lovely parenting reprieve for 24 hours to go to Mona Foma in Launceston. The weather was incredible, and we visited Parer Studio's Man at the Gorge and had a swim, before going to the festival to catch up with friends and see Courtney Barnett and Pnau (both were so great). The next morning we had a sleep in and a late breakfast before driving home. The whole time felt like such a treat.

The long weekend has been a little quieter, today we went to Littlewood Berry Farm to pick strawberries and eat ice cream, which I have been meaning to do ever since early December! I think, weather permitting tomorrow will be another beach day. It has taken me a very long time to get to the point where I can let things go a bit, recognise that I need a rest and to slow down, not make lots of plans and have mile high expectations, and I think it has been really good to have a slow start to the year.

No comments: