Monday 11 February 2019

long weekend

I gave Matt a waffle iron for chirstmas this year. It may have been a present in disguise for myself, but he's taken it on very well, has found a great recipe and has the timings down pat. He even makes the batter the night before. So we had waffles and home made strawberry compote, and fancy maple syrup to start the long weekend. I love all the long weekends at this time of year. We haven't been away for any of them and I'm ok with that. It's nice to be home.

I got my camera out a few times over the weekend, took some shots of Jerry and the dinosaur hand puppet (me makes the best noises when that thing comes out), the pretty dahlias I found at the shop and Elroy zooming around on his bike. I'm pretty sure he will be a mountain biker just like Matt. We also visited the wooden boat festival and went on board the Endeavour and had dinner with family, so it's been a nice mix of doing things and down time.

1 comment:

chris said...

Lovely photos!