Look at that blondie, he is so fair and pale. Yesterday we were in the car, he talks a lot in the car (he talks a lot in general) and I realised he was singing, such a lovely sweet little voice 'tinkle tinkle star' and moving his hands to do the actions. It was a very very sweet moment. They have a new carer at daycare and I've noticed that she will often be outside with the children singing and showing them the actions. Clearly Elroy is enjoying this very much, and while we listen to a lot of music for him at home, I think it's very nice for him to have that experience.
Monday, 17 October 2016
I anticipated that today I would probably have some photos to share from our weekend in Melbourne, but due to windy dusty weather, one crazy (and then vomiting baby) and two rather knackered parents that didn't happen at all. We did have a lovely time, breakfast at our usual the European, a walk to the park, I got to wander around the finders keepers market, we caught up with my aunt and cousin at the Collingwood Children's Farm, and snuck in a little bit of shopping. Poor Elroy was sick a few times on Saturday night, I don't know what caused it, it's so hard when you aren't at home with your own things (i.e. extra clothes/towels etc), he was so good about it all really. But on Sunday he was beat and a bit crazy.
I have this week off work, I realised that in the last seven (eight?) years that I've had my job I have never worked show week (Hobart has a public holiday on a Thursday the second last week in October). I really needed a break and some time out, Elroy will still have two days at day care, and while some of the time has been booked for appointments I don't normally get to, I do have a few plans just for me!! So excited!
Tuesday, 11 October 2016
Friday, 7 October 2016
1. Molly on the Range - this book looks amazing, such great photographs.
2. Elk Accessories sneakers - thinking I would wear these a lot, sadly they are out in my size...
3. Oeuf daisy pillow - ok so this pillow is for children, but I am completely in love with it and am going to add it to my christmas list.
4. On the Loom by Maryanne Moodie - I tired weaving, one afternoon on a loom I made out of cardboard, it didn't quite work but I think I'd like to get a little loom and this book and give it another try.
5. Lightly volcanic bowl - oh this bowl, it has been on my wish list for so long, another for the christmas list.
6. Mecca Cosmetica kissable lips - 'cause I get such dry lips at work and this looks cute.
7. Not Perfect Linen pillowcases - I think I've said it enough here before, I am a sucker for pillowcases.
I could not choose just one photograph this week, to be honest narrowing it down to two was hard enough. It is like he is going through his own personal spring at the moment (yes I'm aware how stupid that sounds), but full of growth and sunshine, development and love. He is constantly talking, is great with words and loves it too, he asks for hugs more and more, will come to you with a book and say "ta' which means 'can you read me this', says 'loverly' which I think is his version of I love you, is so good at playing by himself and has a wonderful imagination. It is wonderful to watch.