Monday 9 June 2008

Oh That old Headdress


Both editions of this months Real Living and Inside Out featured houses with this beautiful pinky/red puff ball of feathers on the walls. I think it was the colour that initially struck me, but was intrigued when I read that it was a west african headdress. I would love to see what it actually looks like in real life, I am sure something this beautiful most be worth a fortune, but I might have to do a little hunting down myself, just in case!


Bottom image from here.

4 comments:

dee said...

Hi Catherine,

I just wanted to let you know I received the package with my darling tags and a beautiful card...and what fun it was to receive an airmail envelope, to boot! Thank you...they are lovely;)

Mrs.French said...

Stunning! Oh goodness how I would love to touch these!

Emma said...

I have to go and look at my beautiful friend Kim's blog on these headdresses - stunning....
http://brownbutton.blogspot.com/2008/06/african-dreaming.html .
Loving your blog xx

loveology said...

Gorgeous post!

I am reading all of your posts right now and find it really hard not to comment on every single post.. :)

I'd love to exchange links, would you?

Mila.