Sunday 24 August 2008

Flat Tour Pt1




I am so pleased with my new little flat, here are some pictures of the hallway and the living/kitchen area. It's not massive but it suits me perfectly. The hall is lovely and wide and has those big windows at the end, in summer I can image I will be spending plenty of time in the sun on the front stoop.

The living area is slowly getting there, I still need a side table/coffee table and the tv cabinet (which my brother kindly made and painted for me) holds some storage boxes that I'd like to cover. It's been so much fun working it all out, and it still feels very new which is exciting. I love the high ceilings, and the picture rails are definitely an added bonus for a rental.

I will share some more pics at a later time of my bedrrom/study area, they are still a work in progress : )

9 comments:

littlebyrd said...

Oh Catherine! It is wonderful!!! I love the first shot of the chairs by the window - so pretty. The light looks like it is very good and I love your sense of style. Can't wait for part 2!

Sarah said...

Catherine it's gorgeous! Are you living here alone? It's such a treat to get the whole space just how you want it (without having to please other people too. Although living here would please me). I love it!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

You've got such style! I love the yellow chairs by the window... it looks like a photos straight out of a magazine house tour. What a lovely flat :)

MissK said...

It looks wonderful,love the bursts of turquoise in the dining area from the dinosaur design pieces.
I think the decorating is what I'm most looking forward to soon when i move to Melbourne but am sharing with a friend,hopefully we don't have too many arguments.

Sara Christine said...

Oh thank you for sharing these photos! I love peeking into people's houses. That turquoise table is just great, I love the way you've arranged everything just so on top. Can't wait to see more!

Mrs.French said...

I love it, love it, love it! Why don't I stop by your blog more often? It is simply beautiful...I am coming back soon!

Laura said...

This looks like a home! Your fireplace is beautiful with the sun steaming in and over it. And you have real wood floors, such luxury! Happy newish new home again :)

PS you are my new baking inspiration. I stop by here and want to bake and am going to try that sponge. If feel I managed your biscs well and can graduate to cake, so thanks!

Eloise said...

I love your home! It's really really pretty :) I have that little cut out wooden 'birds in branches' too (the one on your hallway table)! Lovely x

Anonymous said...

It's lovely... and it looks so clean too :o)
mine apartment wants to be cleaned like yours!
xox,
Linnea