Wednesday 28 January 2009

Little Finches Can Play Guitar


At lunch today I finally got to see the Celeste Boursier-Mougenot installation From Here to Ear. I’ve been meaning to go for ages after hearing everyone talk about it and today it seemed the nicest way to spend a lunch hour.

It is ingenious, lots of beautiful finches and electric Gibson Les Paul guitars amplified in a loft space. When you walk around the little finches fly and land on the guitars, plucking the strings and making some great sounds. It is an amazing work and the birds are wonderful.


(fyi the birds were checked by the rspca to see if they were ok with it – I needed to know that)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable photo!! Heehee! Cute! :) I bet they have a beautiful song to play.

Trixie Jones said...

That's so sweet!

red.door.read said...

ooh, i love this!

Cheryl said...

I had meant to comment on this last week. What an interesting exhibit this must have been! I can't even imagine how neat that would be to see. Love the raindrops above as well. Glad you are enjoying your summer so much! xx

Lacey Jane said...

That's so cool!