Monday, 1 November 2010

Blueberry and Banana

I realise I don't often post recipes here, I think it's because I'm terrible at following them myself and often don't measure ingredients... not so good. But I have to share this recipe for blueberry and banana muffins because I've already made them twice in the last week and they are good, really good.

blueberry and banana muffins

2 1/3 cups wholemeal spelt flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
2 large banana's mashed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup blueberries

Heat the oven to 180 celcius, combine wet ingredients and sift dry ingredients over the top and mix until combined. Cook for around 20mins.


WSAKE said...

going to try those for sure - but i don´t like the taste of vegetable oil so i always use melted butter instead. can´t wait...

Sarah B said...

Hi Catherine, these look yummy!
Thanks for the tip about the book store, though I know I should keep away!
Thanks also for your lovey comments about my dress :)

Andreia said...

Mmm... delicious! And they look so beautiful too.

Anonymous said...

These look delish...I will definitely give them a go! Hope all is well with you!
Martina :)

Kristi said...

oh yummy. i will have to try this one. i tend to make muffins for my littles at least one a week.

Jennifurla said...

I love your blog, newest follower.

Janelle said...

I look forward to trying these! They look tasty!

Amanda said...

This one looks like a good one to treat Grace to and one I wouldn't feel so guilty devouring several of with my cuppa :) Where do you get agave syrup? Health stores?

bethany said...

Now, that is a combo I'd not have created on my own! I bet they balance each other out perfectly!

I'll be putting these on my "to bake" list. :)