Thursday 3 March 2011

Cold!


I would say there is only one word to describe this week - completely bloody freezing! Ok that's three but it's true and it's awful. The reason I haven't blogged is because I'd rather sit in bed with the electric blanket on than sit at my desk, slack I know. Luckily my sitting in bed has involved reading (yes actually reading - not just looking at pictures!) Anthology magazine, which is perfect it's so nice to find a magazine with some substance and my copy of the 3191Q which has a split pea soup recipe I'm definitely going to make this weekend. I also watched Sunshine Cleaning which I rather enjoyed, has anyone got any good film selections? I think I might be needing them!

PS for those in Aus you can purchase Anthology from mag nation

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it has been unbearably hot here. What a funny old country we have. I just watched Funny Face for the very first time, and while I didn't love it, the styling was stunning. Gloriously so. Hope it warms up soon.

Martina said...

Hello! So, is it middle of autumn there? I'ts still cold here too, BUT it's really sunny and bright so we are all loving it! I must check out Anthology and stay warm and snuggly :)

Yvestown said...

I hope I'll receive my copy of Anthology soon. I have a bunch of good films over at Pinterst http://pinterest.com/yvestown/products-i-love/

RedOrangePink said...

I live in your town, and couldn't find a way to get anthology shipped to me. Is it worth all the hype? How did you get a hold of it?

Sarah B said...

Yes, this is why I use a laptop in front of my fire! It's a drag, isn't it?
I haven't heard of Anthology mag. I so don't want to get addicted to another magazine!
Keep warm x

Jodi said...

you have to see Tamara Drewe. It's perfect small town drama set in the oh so beautiful english countryside. Full of goodness!

Marfio said...

I love magazines but I cannot bring myself to buy them. The fact that you say Anthology is well-written is making me want it though - maybe CNN will get a subscription for me for my birthday.... Keep warm and I don't blame you for wanting to stay warm and snuggly - I love bed days!

It followed me home said...

Ooh tells me about it! It's like summer never came.
Proper reading; yes it's very dangerous having a laptop, many hours wasted glazing over pretty pretty images. Need to find me a good book to curl up with.
Have a cosy weekend :)

Lynn D. said...

We watched Sunshine Cleaning last night and really enjoyed it. If you like Sunshine, you'll love my favorite movie, The Station Agent. You've probably seen two of my favorite Australian movies: Cosi and Starstruck (which was made quite awhile ago). We're heading into spring here; I can't wait.

littlekarstar said...

Um yes I'm guilty of having had the heating on this week..even though it's only just gone Autumn!