Thursday, 7 July 2011
Earlier this week small catalogue tagged me, I loved her theme of green and the muppets, two things I’m rather fond of myself! Anyway I’ve done a few tags before so instead here are seven things from this week so far:
1. there have been two songs on the hitlist this week: blue veins by the saboteurs/raconteurs (depending on your part of the world) recently I watched a film called It Might Get Loud and it was so good, and has sparked a new appreciation of Jack White, Jimmy Page is of course a legend. The other song is crystalline by bjork, particularly love the very end of the song where the beats kick in it’s awesome!
2. I’m enjoying the strawberries from queensland, it feels nice to have a hint of summer in this particularly cold icy week of winter
3. I purchased Marion’s cookbook, at first I think this was because the fluro pink was too tempting not to bring home, but then I think there are some great recipes in there that I’m looking forward to trying – custard tarts with Maggie Beer's sour cream pastry, and deep fried poached eggs…yum!
4. I stayed home yesterday with a sinus headache and slept a loooong time, I still feel a bit blah and I’m wondering if I’m coming down with a cold. Yuk.
5. I wish I could spend some time in a Swedish country house like Elisabeth’s from Fine Little Day, it looks so fantastic and relaxing.
6. Thursday night = warm cinnamon teacake and french food safari oooh I want to go back right now
7. I saw the snow on the mountain this afternoon and it looked beautiful and so distant.