Friday 27 January 2012

Friday


Finally it is friday proper, it feels like I've had two this week after Australia day off yesterday. I didn't do anything in particular but did make some kiss biscuits, they are good there's no denying it. I am looking forward to the weekend, after seeing this post I think I'm going to give fabric printing a try. Will share the results if it works out.

PS I joined on instagram, I still don't know how to use it but I'm game to try. I'm littleglowinglights.

Kiss Biscuits

250g softened butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 egg beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste/essence
1 cup self raising flour
2 cups plain four

Preheat the oven to 190 celcius and line several baking trays with baking paper.
Cream the butter and icing sugar together well, then add beaten egg and again beat well. Work in the fours sifted and vanilla, until it forms a dough. If the dough is really soft just mix in a little bit more flour. Dust the work bench and break off 1/3 of the dough, roll it out until it is about 1cm thick and cut into shapes and place on baking trays, cook for 10-15 minutes until they are pale golden. Repeat the process with all the dough. Once the biscuits are cooled, join together with jam (I usually use raspberry), ice and sprinkle.

7 comments:

Kitty said...

Ummm... they look delicious! Beautiful pictures too.

Zara said...

Kiss biscuits, they look great, could you share a recipe please.
Lovely photos. x

Hanna said...

They look so delicious, might try them as well, since it's the weekend and all. Thanks!

Sasha said...

I look forward to reading about your adventures in printing fabric!

Small Catalogue said...

Deliciousness! I've used that poppy talk tutorial with some reasonable results, so I'm sure yours will be fabulous.

Ali said...

They look great - I'm finding my way with Instagram too (not sure I really get it yet though).

ahmed said...

شركة الانوار لمكافحة الحشرات
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخبر
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بحائل
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالاحساء