Sunday 10 April 2016

45/52

Matt has a saying which I rather like: 'some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue'. Today was more of a case of 'some days you are the limpet and some days you are the rock'. It's unusual that Elroy plays the limpet, but this morning, it was intense limpeting!! I sat with him for ages, picking him up because he demanded it, and then five seconds later putting him down, and on and on again. It took me over twenty minutes of trying to make the bed, with him grizzling at my side, before I caved and let him watch five minutes of tv so I could finish the job. Admittedly he is snuffly and hasn't been getting his normal day sleeps in, so I should be much more patient with him, but because it is such unusual behaviour I do find it hard to work with. Such a learning curve with so many aspects of parenting.

I should also point out that I was one of those smug people who said I would never let my child watch tv......and I try really hard not too. He watches playschool on fridays when we get home from swimming and, occasionally, if he is unwell (and needs to slow down) I will put on abc kids. I hate the way he is so delighted by the tv. But is tv really that bad? Again it's all a learning curve. Perhaps if I wasn't so attached to my iPhone I'd be better off myself........

No comments: