Friday 8 February 2019

weekend stuff

I’m trying to get back into using my camera again, I realise how quickly Elroy is growing and changing and I want to make sure I capture this time. So before we have another weekend and I take more (that’s the plan!) I thought I’d post these from last weekend.

It was a pretty good one actually, pizza in the park on Friday night, then I went to listen to Yotam Ottolenghi in conversation with Rodney Dunn on Saturday night. This was the second conversation-style evening I’ve been too this year. The first was Nick Cave, on his own with a piano and the audience with the ability to ask anything, that was an interesting experience, he was fairly open and there were some good provoking questions, but at the same time he is still a mystery and I think I just enjoy connecting with his music. Ottolenghi was, of course, a completely different evening and I felt like the conversation had just started to warm up and then it was over. But I think it has reignited my enthusiasm for food and cooking. I even made a batch of strawberry ice cream, from scratch with a proper egg custard from strawberries we picked at the berry farm.

Sunday was a quiet beach day, the water here is cool but so refreshing, and time seems to slow down at the beach in a rather nice way, making the day seem longer and real life less pressing.

No comments: