Sunday 6 January 2008

Very Good Indeed

This year one of my aims is to cook lots of fresh and healthy dishes and try new recipes more often. I was given the new Nigella Lawson book for christmas, and so far have cooked several dishes from it, but this was the best by far (although I am a terrible sweet tooth!) It's a nectarine and blueberry galette, perfectly simply, I am sure it would be just as lovely with any other combination of seasonal fruit. Here is the recipe because it's very good indeed!

Nectarine and Blueberry Galette

1 x 375g shop-bought rolled puff pastry
2 x 15ml tablespoons apricot conserve
2 x 15ml tablespoons double cream
1 x nectarine sliced in 16 segments
125g blueberries
2 x tablespoons demerara sugar

Preheat the over to 220 degrees celcius
Lay the puff pastry on a lined baking sheet, and using a sharp knife score a frame around the edge, about 2cm in from the edge.
In a small bowl mix together the apricot conserve and double cream and spread on the pastry within the frame.
Arrange the fruit on top and sprinkle with the demerara sugar before baking for 15 minutes.
Cut into slices and eat while warm.

2 comments:

Robin said...

That looks beautiful. A perfect summer dessert!

Sarah said...

Looks de-lish! I got this book too. I love Nigella. And cookbooks but I am very slack at ever making anything from them. I just love reading them. But I should try this.