Tuesday 1 July 2008

July


The first day of a new month and the world looked a little like this.....hmmm it's definitely winter.
I realised I've been really bad with creating or making anything much lately, so hopefully July will be different.
You may remember my highly ambitious plans to crochet a granny square blanket this year, well that fell by the wayside somewhere around March....I was just bad at it. Now I've moved on to yet another highly ambitious project - a quilt. Actually this may be more achievable, but I've found the hardest part has been collecting fabrics that match the (oh so brilliant) design in my mind!

Song for Tuesday: Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head - Manic Street Preachers version.

7 comments:

littlebyrd said...

Love this picture! I know how it is to start an amitious project only to have it fall to the side. I love your idea of a quilt. Don't worry too much about the fabrics matching. Somehow it all comes together and something you think doesn't match acyually looks really cool!

Mrs.French said...

This photograph is stunning...I can't believe it's winter in your neck of the woods...it feels as if we are just starting summer here. I can't wait to see your quilt!

Sarah said...

Oh I know what you mean about Winter being here. Yesterday morning it was so cold that not only were my car locks frozen but my windscreen was frozen on the inside as well as the outside!! I need some summer sun!

Robin said...

I think picking out fabrics is the funnest part of making a quilt. Good luck!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Great shot. Looks very chilly in Tassie. We've got sunshine and warm days = weird winter.

The fabrics will just work together, can't wait to see your work in progress!

blackie said...

Despite the cold, the blusteriness, the numb fingers, the freezing noggin, one thing that I absolutely love about winter is the sight of bare branches against the sky.

Ange Friesen said...

I want to know all about your quilt! I love getting ideas for quilts. Making them work is something different.