Thursday 30 October 2008

A Small Boat Made of China


For some reason today I feel a little excited, maybe it’s because it is nearly November and building up to christmas, it’s also lot because I got tickets to go and see Crowded House and Josh Pyke play in a few weeks! I can remember my mum playing Sister Madly very loudly, loving that first line of Weather With You (“Well there’s a small boat made of china, it’s going nowhere on the mantlepiece”) being quite obsessed as a thirteen year old, and having a bit of a teary watching their last ever show on the Opera House steps (on tv) because they were all crying and I never had the chance to see them myself. But now it is my turn so I’m excited, and with the lovely josh pyke too! It feels like summer is in the air.

Little oil painting from etsy

No comments: