Monday 1 June 2009

Vintage Paintings



I’m on the hunt for some vintage paintings, I keep seeing pictures like these from Victoria of Sfgirlbybay and Simone Howell (via Décor8) and they look so great as a series grouped together. I think I’d prefer a few floral numbers or some landscapes, I’m not sure I could live with a stranger on the wall. Unfortunately the local tip shop hasn’t thrown anything up yet in my travels, but I quite like this one and also this is cute.


1. Gardenhouse, 2. { narcoleptic leo arrives }

6 comments:

littlebyrd said...

I love this look! I have started a collage on our bathroom wall that is slowly growing and looking better and better. My are all just prints of paintings but the effect is still nice. Good luck in your search!

Lobster and swan said...

Such lovely collections.

I have been hunting for this type of painting too, I searched all over Paris and still couldn't find one to settle on. I would really like a floral oil painting : )

Michelle said...

I love this look too, but like you, not having much luck finding any locally...perhaps not a popular look in Tasmania?

Sarah B said...

Hi Catherine,
I love the look of the paintings, all pink and flowery. Thanks for adding my blog to your list!

Jac said...

I'm totally with you on this one Catherine. I keep reading lovely blogs that find amazing vintage pictures in thrift shops and all I can think of is how on earth do they find these treasures! Sadly I haven't come across lovely vintage art yet...

Jenny said...

I think what's particularly special about these is the effect of the colours grouped together - as well as the subject matter, the colours are a theme.