Wednesday, 31 October 2012
.....a lot has been happening, hence the radio silence here, lots of good little things though:
* Finding the best chocolate cupcake recipe (seriously) and learning that dutch cocoa is the best
* Billy Bragg (the last time I saw him I was a week shy of 18 and was so impressed, equally impressed this time too) and Mumford and Sons and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (is it terrible if I say I was a little disappointed....)
* Movies like Ruby Sparkes (really good) and Bernie (kinda intriguing)
* Meeting brand new little people, still can't believe my friends have babies and are therefore parents!! (it suits them well)
* Puppy school and dog walking
* Getting spoilt with Laduree macarons from Sydney
*A few attempts at home made ice cream
* Reading books again and really enjoying it
Tuesday, 16 October 2012
Clearly it is a little late to be posting my instagram pics from September, but I still think it's nice to have them here as a record. September was a funny month that went so fast, with a few ups and downs from moving but all in all a good month.
By the way I am still crazy about that confetti system tassel garland, I brought it out for my flat's farewell dinner and I think I need to find more excuses to take it out of it's box home!
Monday, 15 October 2012
In the garden right now: lilacs that smell amazing (but make me sneeze!), a hidden rose bush that I can't wait for buds to bloom, the apple trees are blossoming and so is the quince tree, the mulberry tree is almost about to sprout leaves and the apricots already have lots and lots of tiny fruit. It's amazing and so exciting, living in a house with a garden, and one that produces edible goods!
Tuesday, 9 October 2012
It seems something has to give when you move house and get sick at the same time (another sinus infection), and so for me poor old blogging was the thing that fell off the list. I'm not sick anymore and am just about finished the last of the cleaning - thank goodness!
All that's really left to do now is finding spaces for my 'stuff', which I think I have far too much of, and which must have been deceptively well stored out of eyesight in the old flat. Actually I'm feeling a bit torn about 'stuff' right now, I like the things I have but my style is changing, and changing towards a more scandinavian/minimalist style, but how do you practically do minimalist? I have no idea. Where do you put stuff. It's not so easy when you live in houses with no built in storage. Do you just get rid of it? I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that. Also the whole changing style thing is making me want to buy lots of new 'stuff'.....! Mad really.