Monday 6 January 2014

2014

Happy 2014! I am so glad it is a new year and I hope that it will be a good one. While I am generally not a big resolution person, last year was a hard slog and was very work oriented, so in 2014 I want to be very conscious of making changes and making things happen outside work, so that I don't slip right back into that space again. One thing I do intend to do is blog and photograph more as I recently got a new camera (the 5D mark III - which is exciting but also at the moment a complete mystery to me) oh and perhaps do some more craft.

We were fortunate enough to have 16 days off over the break and our christmas was in two parts, a nice evening dinner with my family on the friday before christmas, then we travelled to Matt's family in Coffs Harbour for a week, before heading back down to Sydney for a few days via Newcastle for a night. I've never travelled at this time of year before and I have to say it was such a good idea, we were able to take Jerry to to the beach in Coffs everyday (yes we are crazy to take the dog on holidays, but it was nice for everyone to meet him and it was a bit of a one off), go for a few lunches and explore beautiful places, relax and then at the end hang out in the city. We also had a few days to spend at home which was nice. Feels like the break covered all bases, and I'm in a much better headspace than I was in early December. So bring on a happy 2014!

3 comments:

Irene said...

I wish you all the best for 2014 and your plans :)

Jane @ Shady Baker said...

Good to hear from you Catherine. Please keep us updated with progress on your new camera. Have you had a Canon previously? I have a 1100D but would like to upgrade at some stage and am always interested in reading bloggers opinions on these things! Happy 2014 to you. Lovely present by the way :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.