Wednesday 19 November 2014

Peony season

When it gets to the time of year when peonies at the farmers market you know you are on the fast track to Christmas. Technically I shouldn't buy them because I am a bit allergic, but I can't help myself, they are beautiful.

I am completely ready for the end of year break, but at the same time not ready for Christmas itself at all. I caught a stomach bug towards the end of last week, and spent the weekend feeling rather miserable and incapable of keeping much down, not doing anything other than knitting, watching old episodes of gossip girl and listening to the new record by Tweedy (really liking it). Today is the first day I vaguely feel normal again, and that combined with some sunshine (finally) has me feeling like I am coming out of a sleep. I want to make the most of this time of year (especially before I get too big and uncomfortable - which I assume will happen, I've been lucky so far), so my plan is christmas craft, get some gift shopping done, find some good new recipes to make and try to relax.

Definitely buy some more peonies.

No comments: