Monday 21 December 2015

29/52

We got the paddling pool out for the first time this week, I'm so glad it has finally been warm enough. Elroy was a little unsure about it, but I think with confidence he will like it. He seems to be the sort of child who needs to feel comfortable and know that he is capable of something before he launches into it, and when he does he fully launches himself. We also visited the beach and he dipped his toes in the sea, Matt and I were brave enough to stick out heads under but it was freezing. Elroy just loved watching Jerry chase sticks in the water.

Both events remind me so vividly of my childhood, because we went to the beach of my childhood, where my grandparents had a shack. I can so clearly recall the smell of the blue tarp paddling pool in the warm sun and the great big pine tree and sand. I loved that place and I hope that Elroy will have lovely memories of summer at the beach, paddling pools and running around under the sprinkler.

No comments: