Wednesday 21 December 2016

The week before Christmas

I had a few more seven things Christmas posts planned, but to be honest it feels a bit wrong posting about luxury items when there is so much going on in the world at the moment. So I have been thinking a lot about how lucky we are, how this time of year really is about enjoying and celebrating your family. On Sunday Matt, Elroy and I made gingerbread biscuits together. It was incredibly messy, chaotic, there were tears (Elroy when he couldn't roll the dough all the time) and perhaps it was overly ambitious, but still we made them as a family. We made guitars and dinosaurs, Christmas trees and gingerbread men. Elroy tried his first smartie, he tried his first freckle a few weeks ago, and I think we have a chocolate lover on our hands.

I can't quite believe that Christmas is just days away! I am really looking forward to it this year and hope that Elroy has a wonderful time, it really is about making it a magical day for him. We will have a busy few days with family and I have pavlova's to cook, but everything else is done.

No comments: