Wednesday 18 September 2019

weekend


It felt like spring properly sprung this weekend: doors open, sheets finally drying on the clothes line (rather than draped inside), lawns mown, bare baby legs and plenty of time outside. It's been very nice. Despite trying to set myself small achievable goals, as always I might have been too ambitious (although Rufus was a bit fussy again which probably didn't help), mostly in the cooking space. We got some beautiful fresh eggs from the hens at Elroy's daycare, which called for homemade pasta (the colour was such a beautiful strong yellow) and meatballs (thanks to Sonya for the recommendation), I decorated a supermarket sponge cake for my brother and we tried a new Ottolenghi recipe from Simple.

Other things from the weekend, some lovely houses on the internet - Beata Heuman and Ulla Johnson
Also, I started my christmas shopping (I know that's crazy) and ordered a few sweet books for the boys - Frankfurt, which I've had on my list for ages, the gorgeous looking Yum Yummy Yuck and Don't Worry, Little Crab. Actually, these are all probably just as much for me as they are for them!

1 comment:

sonya said...

Yay meatballs! I've also started thinking about Christmas and have a running list of present ideas for friends and family :) Loved the portrait of your boys against the fence with the flowers!