Wednesday 9 October 2019

.

I’ve missed a few weeks with posts. Lowering self expectations means that some things have to wait, and because Rufus decided to drop day sleeps the other week my time was limited. This week he’s been much better (and he’s sleeping in his cot now - pretty sure that’s come around faster than with Elroy) but I got Bruny by Heather Rose to read and I’ve been sucked in. I’m currently not sure what to think about it, it is certainly a departure from Museum of Modern Love (which I really liked).

The last few weeks have felt busy, time is flying scarily fast. We have been catching up with friends, out for lunches, to Mona, working on garden plans and I made a long list of cleaning/organising jobs that need to be done (great....). I also signed up for Tim Coulson’s photography course which I’m hoping helps give me some hints and inspiration to improve my skills.

The best thing we’ve done lately is buy a new turntable. Our old one was given to us by my grandmother and I loved it for sentimental reasons, but it wasn’t working properly anymore and so we stopped listening to records. The new one is fantastic and actually looks a lot like the old one. We have been playing lots of music again, not that we stopped but it was all Spotify and mostly Elroy’s choices and it had become background noise. It has been interesting how many records we’ve bought (Matt and I always gift each other records) but not even opened, and now it feels like musical Christmas and we can play them all.

No comments: