Thursday 26 September 2019

100 days with Rufus


Today marks 100 days with Rufus! As they say we’ve come a long way baby. From that moment in the middle of the night of day three, when the nurses at the hospital said he was so very unsettled, it felt like this time around was going to be testing. And it has been, challenging, tiring, upsetting and at times when he was clearly in pain, rather distressing. It still is all these things but they are fewer and far between and Rufus smiles and engages and seems happier. He’s sweet but a bit cheeky I think. Knows what he likes and can whine when it’s something he doesn’t like. He hates the car with a passion, is ok in the pram now he sits up in it, he is observant and when he feels ok in his body is actually a pretty relaxed baby.

For me I am loving this time, I have so much less anxiety than I did with Elroy. I wish there was a way of knowing with your first child that everything is actually really ok. Life is more chaotic and I let myself off for not getting some things done, but Rufus and I have three days home alone with Elroy in care and I do love that time. I’m trying hard to be very engaged with Elroy too, and he loves Rufus so much. He tells him so several times a day. It’s the sweetest thing.

No comments: