Wednesday 10 October 2018

early spring

I feel like we have been pretty lucky with the spring weather so far, last weekend was great and this coming weekend is looking even better. I’m even ok with the colder/wetter few days at the moment, because it’s good for all the new plants I’ve planted in the garden. Yep, I’ve suddenly acquired an interest in gardening, but as my mother’s child it was probably only a matter of time.

We have a lot of work to do outside and in the garden, the builders were still here last spring/summer, and so now we have all these new decks and planters and stairs and fences that need painting and staining, and it all generally needs some love and attention. I’m trying to be a bit more motivated myself, and not rely on Matt to do them all. Because I am just as capable, just not very confident.

I’ve found it’s good for Elroy to be outside in the fresh air more too and once he’s settled playing, or riding his bike, then I can potter about. Or sit and read a book, it feels like a luxury, and it’s the first time since he was born that I’ve really just done things for myself while he’s awake. I don’t know why, I guess he is demanding and I give in easily.

Random pics from the last week: E painting the house, I made a lemon meringue pie and the lilac in the garden is flowering, E crafting in the morning.


1 comment:

Full Crumb said...

Awesomme blog you have here