Tuesday, 31 July 2012
Winter time is so dull and grey, I need lots of colour around the house for cheering.
The other weekend I wanted to give a few bunches of flowers for gifts so I stocked up on bright pink, orange and pale pink tulips. I love that colour combination. They are on their last legs now, but I think I might re-stock!
Monday, 16 July 2012
* My house is full of glass jars and vases with succulents raided from the garden, not many flowers around at this time of year sadly but I like the green.
* I've been knitting up a storm...well a scarf anyway, just a soft plain grey one, but I've really been enjoying it. I have a new project in mind once the scarf is done.
*I tried to do and Island Menu post using some lemons from a friends tree, but my camera lens broke : ( I still made a nice lemon drizzle cake though!
* I'm a bit over this time of year and am hanging out for warmer longer days.
* I got tickets to see Sigur Ros later this year (the same week as Radiohead), I think I might spontaneously combust with excitement that week!
* I had printed some chevron pattern and made a somewhat dodgy cushion, it's ok, as long as you don't look too closely : )
Sunday, 15 July 2012
I love weekend breakfasts, it's nice not to have to rush them and you can spend time doing other things before you sit down at the table, also there's no work to go to. I'm generally a fan of eggs, pancakes and porridge but recently Kate of Full of Grace very kindly sent me a package of her organic ginger granola to try, so that was on the menu yesterday! We had it with some rhubarb compote I made and it was a really lovely combination.
Wednesday, 4 July 2012
The kitchen looks a little like mine but without the glass splash back (oh I wish mine didn't have a glass splash back) and so much better.
I like the simplicity of the third.
1, 2, 3
Monday, 2 July 2012
I always find at this time of year the number of photographs I take decreases because of the lack of daylight hours, instagram helps that and I think it's a nice way of recording little things that happen. June seemed to involve a lot of trips to Jackman & McRoss, a few walks, a little getaway to Stanley, bright tulips, and this past weekend a bunch of beautiful red rhubarb that I'm thinking needs to be turned into a pie with some apples.