Tuesday 2 January 2018

old year/new year

The last year has been full on, exciting because we did the house (and I promise to take proper photographs soon), but it was an intense process for me. Working with the builder, parenting, working three days a week, health issues which manifest in anxiety for me, and just life in general. I thought when we moved back I’d rest, reset and then pick myself back up, but I never did, I slumped

It was a year of two halves and a big learning curve. I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Some big highlights have been moving back into a much improved home, seeing LCD Soundsystem and then Sigur Ros the next night, City Calm Down, Nick Cave, Sarah Blasko, the Hockney exhibition, all our Airbnb stays, the TSO mini maestros with Elroy, seeing him grow and develop so much, visiting Mt Field in autumn, lunch with Matt at the Agrarian Eatery, dinner for our anniversary at Le Provençal, and always the beach.

Some things I’ve been good with: reading books, most recently blogging (which I guess is just journaling for myself), taking photographs and ....yeah that's about it.

Others I’ve been bad with: exercise and food - thank you so much Sweet Envy for opening a store at the front door to my work!), and I still spend far too much time on my phone when I should be putting it down to do something productive.

We celebrated new years with friends and lots of children who ran wild and had a ball (and apparently a peach colour scheme) it was really lovely. This year I’m looking forward to getting myself together mentally and physically, more time for me, maybe making a change at work and trying to say yes more! Well that’s the plan.

1 comment:

sonya said...

Happy New Year! I've been enjoying all of your holiday posts and can't wait to see more pics of your sunny home. Wishing you an excellent 2018, with good health and plenty of live music :)