Tuesday 3 April 2018

easter break

I have never been a huge fan of the easter break, it has always felt a bit too quiet and slow for me, but this year that was exactly what we needed! On Friday we visited the Art Farm at Birchs Bay which we hadn't been to before, but it was kinda cool and even though the weather was grey and a bit miserable it was still nice to be out walking together (and Jerry was there too). My favourite sculpture was a trio of hills hoist clothes lines bent and shaped to look like trees, and I also liked a little field of flowers made of metal.

We made chocolate choc chip easter buns, had a big family catch up, Elroy had a visit from the easter bunny (he was pretty excited, not that it shows in the last photograph - pretty sure he wanted to crack the bunny open and I said no), and yesterday we took a road trip and visited the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo and the tessellated pavement on the way home. Elroy and I visited the unzoo almost a year ago when Matt did a run near there, and he fell in love with Cheeky the talking corella, so he's been wanting to go back ever since. We saw Cheeky again, and Matt and I had to try very hard to stifle our laughs when Elroy was trying to talk to him and he turned the other way, Elroy was most put out by this and said something along the lines of 'come back Cheeky, I'm talking to you'. It was very cute.

I'm sad it's over, Matt had to go back to work today, and although I get the rest of the week off, I miss having us all home together. Time is definitely something that feels like a precious commodity at the moment, it's a juggle to fit in family time, individual time out, chores and all the other things we need to do.

No comments: