Friday 21 September 2018

new zealand part two

On the way out of Auckland, Matt mentioned visiting Hobbiton to me, I was in shock. I wasn't going to suggest it, because I knew it wasn't really his thing (although we have both read The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings series). But he did and we went, and it was actually really great. It's in the most beautiful place, so green it is surreal, and it was definitely a bit magical. Even Elroy hung in there for the two our tour. 

We had three nights in Rotorua, and we did our fair share of touristy things. Visited the thermal spa, the geothermal park at Waiotapu, Lake Taupo, found the most beautiful Lake Tarawera, Matt and Elroy did the giant Redwoods tree walk (I did not - fear of heights!), Matt did some mountain biking and that was it really. We also found a really great children's store called Monkey Kids, and got Elroy some great memory cards - which we sadly lost somewhere along the way and didn't make it home with us.

No comments: