Thursday 9 April 2020

.

I don’t really know what to write. But I want to write. The world is not as we know it and it’s incredibly scary. I flip constantly between being outright blind panic freaked out, to just feeling hopeful that if we do the right thing then we will all be ok. We are staying home of course complying with the rules, with sparing trips out for exercise and fresh air and for our essentials. How lucky we are to have a safe, comfortable home to be in. Matt can work from home easily enough, and I am still on maternity leave so can be with the boys. Poor Elroy, it is the hardest for him, he’s just turned five (and we just squeezed his party in), made some new kinder friends and was getting used to that routine and now is home for the foreseeable future. He’s a sociable boy and I know it’s going to be hard, it already is hard. He asks me constantly to play with him, and I try my best but it can be challenging with Rufus around too. So I’m exhausted, full of anxiety and feeling like I need to learn how to be a kinder teacher, but also it’s nice to all be together, and we naturally spend lots of time as a family unit. I’m missing my family, buying a coffee and being out and about, fresh flowers, and just the little day to day interactions with other people.

I’m sure like everyone else we plan to tackle some jobs around the house this Easter, we’ve got plenty of work to do in our garden, we’ll do some cooking, have some slower mornings, go for walks. I have a lot of Rufus weekly posts to catch up on, so I’ll post those. I don’t want to forget this time with him. I don’t know as I say I want to write, so I’ll give it a go.

No comments: