Thursday, 31 December 2009
Wednesday, 30 December 2009
In the last two years that I've been blogging I've written a post on my favourite albums, but this year hasn't really been the year of the album (for me) so instead here is a list of ten songs that I have really loved in the past twelve months (not in any particular order) :
1. I Cut Like a Buffalo - The Dead Weather....what can I say Jack White and Alison Mosshart....a bit of organ, it's just cool.
2. My Girls - Animal Collective - I like listening to this song walking, it's a good one for waking up to on the way to work.
3. White Blank Page - Mumford and Sons - my brother introduced me to mumford and sons, and then my dad and we all became very taken (as in.... is there more, we need more!). If there was to be an album of my year this might be it. But white blank page is the song I always go to first.
4. I'll Fight - Wilco - I just love Jeff Tweedy's voice in this track, it's a little bit country for me, but still good.
5. Hearing Damage - Thom Yorke - ok so it's off the new moon soundtrack but it is still Thom Yorke and my love for him continues. Plus I think I can kinda relate to the feeling in this song, it's been one of those years.
6. And The Boys - Angus and Julia Stone - so pretty and beautiful, it's only newish but still so good, I'm getting more used to Julia's voice.
7. Clean White Love - Lisa Mitchell - another kinda cutsey australian song. I watched High Fidelity again last night and I love the line "what came first pop music or the misery"....I think this song is the antithesis of this and I needed some enjoyable pop this year.
8. Undisclosed Desires - Muse - this song is cheesy with a capital C! It makes me feel like I am 18 again and I didn't think muse would ever write a song like this but it sticks in my head and it's good for listening to loud in the car late at night.
9. Animal - Miike Snow - it's fun, i feel like dancing when i hear it, 'nuff said.
10. Out the Airlock - Paul Dempsey - another voice I love, it was so great hearing him play this song just before christmas.
I haven't been to see much live this year, but Jeff Martin ( the second time this year) playing Hurt was spine tinglingly good, and Ben Kweller was lots of fun.
I'd love to know what your favourite songs were this year?
Tuesday, 29 December 2009
I hope everyone is having a wonderful break, the last few days have been bliss for me. Christmas day was relaxed with good food and a little guitar hero, and the last few days I've read books that have been on my list for ages, taken some walks and enjoyed the summer berries that are available. How did you spend your time?
This year santa (aka my lovely mum) was far too kind and generous and gave me a (replica) hang it all, it's very exciting, the only trouble is living in a rental with only picture rails my dilemma is how to hang the hang it all? !
Thursday, 24 December 2009
Tuesday, 22 December 2009
The results of Friday night’s baking, I used the Donna Hay gingerbread recipe but substituted cinnamon for ground ginger (no one in my family seems to like gingerbread?). I went to see Paul Dempsey on Saturday night and he was lovely as always and the sun came out, so it was a good weekend.
I hope everyone is having a great week!
Friday, 18 December 2009
Happy Friday. One week to go! Is anyone else counting? I sure am, this holiday break is truly needed. After yet another crazy busy week I’m looking forward to a night in to bake some biscuits, turn on the fairy lights and make some christmas crackers.
I thought I’d share my christmas wish list. While there's nothing I desperately have to have this year, these are a few things I do very much like:
1. cushion with pom pom from castle and things
2. eames hang it all from living edge
3. wire shopping basket from mieke willems
4. some basic summer tops from skin and threads
5. pearl drop earrings from mimco
6. beci orpin fox purse from lark
7. kit pomegranite and pink grapefruit handcream
8. karen walker deep freeze sunglasses
9. cath kidston cutlery set
10. the Sartorialist book from the book depository and the river cottage family cookbook
I'd love to know what's on your list!
Tuesday, 15 December 2009
Monday, 14 December 2009
Tonight is the first evening I've had at home in a week, it certainly 'tis the season! It's been great fun but I'm in need of a big sleep, the couch is calling as is the IT Crowd dvd. Tomorrow I will have a little mini store update, I hope everyone is having a merry december!
Wednesday, 9 December 2009
I am so happy to say that some of my milk butter & eggs bags will be available at the extended play pop up shop over december and january, organised by the very talented Catherine Campbell the group of people involved looks fantastic! So if you are in Melbourne I hope you can go check it out!
Tuesday, 8 December 2009
December is turning out to be crazy busy, I need a proper sleep already! On the weekend the deco box came out and I went a little ott, the days have been grey (boo! come back sun) so it’s been impossible to get a decent photograph but I think you get the idea. By the way I couldn't resist the cupcake, the gold reindeer was too cute!
Friday, 4 December 2009
Wednesday, 2 December 2009
Happy December… a day late but no less worthy of celebrating, let the countdown to summer holidays begin! I plan to make this month as festive and enjoyable as possible, starting with some serious decorating this weekend. Lovely packages have been arriving in my letterbox to aid this process, a garland from the fantastic dottie angel, some terribly kitsch but cute deers and some mercury glass baubles for my tree. I feel excited!