Monday, 28 February 2011
* I love seeing all the flowering gums around the place the bright red, orange and pinks look so incredible, especially because it has been so grey lately.
* I made Katie's tea cake that's in the recent real living, pretty darn good, even if mine doesn't look quite as nice as hers!
* Still making the most of my home grown tomatoes, I have to say I am so thrilled with how they have turned out.
Sunday, 27 February 2011
..mostly a mess, but I think even the off cuts look kinda pretty. I made the little brown note book and a few other bits and pieces. It's been so long since I made anything but it felt good, and in the afternoon the sun came streaming in and I listened to some Vampire Weekend and Mark Ronson.
Wednesday, 23 February 2011
Tuesday, 22 February 2011
Monday, 21 February 2011
ack…we had snow on the mountain here this morning….in February! So much for summer, at least it had melted by lunchtime. I feel a bit flat today, last week was rather hectic and included a long day of meetings in Melbourne and this one is shaping up to be a quieter one, I find it hard to shift gears. I have a ton of creative ideas in my head too but seem to be lacking the motivation, hence all the paper and tape waiting for my attention. Have to do something this week!
Sunday, 20 February 2011
On saturday despite the fact that it was pouring with rain I visited some places in Tasmania I had never been before. I have to say it was really quite cool, the landscapes looked so spooky and dramatic in the mist. It was good to get out of town, even if it was only for an afternoon.
Tuesday, 15 February 2011
After spending a crap 30 minutes going home on the bus tonight (it should take about ten maximum) and feeling hot and tired I found the new Fog Linen catalogue in my letterbox. So much beautiful goodness inside there. Then I found out that The King of Limbs is out this weekend...wooo I've already ordered my newspaper album. Yes I am a wee bit pathetic but I don't mind it makes me happy!
Monday, 14 February 2011
This weekend was a long weekend and I needed it and we even had sunshine. I have been cooking quite a few different thing from Jamie's 30 minute meal book lately, well bits and pieces not the full meals, but the best find has been the tortilla recipe seen above with a tomato salad (made form home grown tomatoes!), I think it will become a good staple and also into autumn with tomato soup...yum!
By the way I don't normally particularly love my pictures but the one of the dandelions came out well I think.
Thursday, 10 February 2011
Have you seen Jennifer Causey's new project the maker's? It is so beautiful and inspiring, it makes me wish I had been better with creativity lately...I am getting it back slowly I think (hope).
All photographs from the makers
Wednesday, 9 February 2011
Angus and his wonderful fluffy furry tummy (just seen in this shot)
Apricots and more apricots and trying new dishes (my bloody mary mussels were a success)
My very first home grown tomatoes finally ripening
also the pretty pink summer roses on my table (that I am yet to take a picture of).
Monday, 7 February 2011
Friday, 4 February 2011
I couldn’t be happier that today is Friday, this week I’ve been sick with some kind of stomach bug and also seem to have had so many other little niggly non-issues to deal with…. like realising that my wifi wasn’t password protected….ugh I don’t even know how it lost it because I know it did have one, anyway some pain in the behind was using all my downloads and I have had super slooow internet all week which drives me crazy. See niggly issues I don’t need!
So this weekend I have no plans whatsoever, except I want to make a sleep mask, and I saw a recipe for bloody mary mussels in the new Jamie book and they sound pretty darn good to me. How ‘bout you, anything exciting planned?
1. corner., 2. Untitled, 3. Bedroom light, 4. :: january 26 ::
Thursday, 3 February 2011
Late last year the Captain from In Search of the Real Captain KK (whose blog I love visiting and who has a most enviable collection of marimekko homewares!! ) tagged me to share seven things about myself and then pass it on.
So better late than never here it is:
1. Clearly I am very bad at responding to tags, actually I can be slow at commenting too.... I really don’t mean to be at all, it’s often just that after a full day in front of the computer at work going home and sitting in front of a computer is not ideal. Instead I tend to read a lot of blogs on my iphone…and commenting on one of those is not so easy, I do read lots of blogs though!
2. I recently got new glasses…I feel like a cross between Where’s Wally and Harry Potter, they are twice the size of my old ones and black but I kinda like them. (I really can't see far without them at all!)
3. I really dislike having to get up in the mornings, my alarm usually goes off at least four times before I can get it together.
4. I will always remember the smell of going to the beach near my grandparent’s shack on a summer day as a child, a cross between salty air, pine trees and warm sand.
5. I can’t sing at all whatsoever but when I am alone in the car I have a tendency to, I would hate for anyone to ever hear me : )
6. I always thought I would move away from Hobart and live in Melbourne or some other big city, but over time have realised that it doesn’t get much better than living here. Plus Melbourne is only an hour away on a plane!
7. This song gets me every time, I saw them play it a few years ago and it was epic and beautiful and unforgettable. Not to mention perfectly crazy, if you've seen them you will know what I mean : )
I'd like to pass this on, if you would like to play, to:
Jane from Ill Seen Ill Said
Linnea from Linnea Paulina
Anna from Wsake and
Martina from six black dots